What in the world is John McCain doing in Syria talking to rebels there? When I read about this the only image that kept popping into my mind was of a PETA representative visiting the Hell's Angels to discuss the inhumane treatment of cattle. What did he have to say? What possible inspiration could this old white politician have to offer a bunch of hardened rebel leaders? Well, if the dialog between Wolf Blitzer and Mouaz Moustafa is any indication, McCain wanted to ensure the Syrian rebel forces that the US supports their strive for freedom and supports their revolution...
Transcript of Blitzer and Moustafa interview
We do? Who are these rebels? The Free Syria Army is a conglomerate of defected Syrian soldiers and foreign mercenaries. Further, they are teamed up along side such organizations as al-Nusra Front and Ahrar al-Sham; two Islamsist Jihad groups.
Anyway, I wasn't intending to go on ranting about this. I just wanted to post an article from The Onion that I thought was really funny.
Family Concerned After John McCain Wanders Into Syria
No comments:
Post a Comment