I think the last tea party that did any good involved Boston Harbor.
The fact that the tea party movement even got off the ground is a testament to the failure of the educational system. Fitting, really, that tea party candidates seem to categorically favor cuts to education.
I agree with you that the Tea Party has become a fundamentalist rag, however, I am a bit more optimistic regarding their origin. They initially had high libertarian standards and were pushing hard toward a reduction in the oversized and overpowered government we have currently. In the process of the movement they were high jacked simultaneously by both right wing corporate money and ignorant citizens who can’t see past the end of their Glock.
Civil liberties are under attack by both major parties and something needs to change. A voice needs to come on to the scene that will send the elephant and donkey into the darkness of shame where they deserve to be.
Such a voice would be refreshing, though we may have differing ideas regarding what such a voice should say. But this lesser of two evils approach is really more like the evil of two lessers.
4 comments:
I think the last tea party that did any good involved Boston Harbor.
The fact that the tea party movement even got off the ground is a testament to the failure of the educational system. Fitting, really, that tea party candidates seem to categorically favor cuts to education.
I agree with you that the Tea Party has become a fundamentalist rag, however, I am a bit more optimistic regarding their origin. They initially had high libertarian standards and were pushing hard toward a reduction in the oversized and overpowered government we have currently. In the process of the movement they were high jacked simultaneously by both right wing corporate money and ignorant citizens who can’t see past the end of their Glock.
Civil liberties are under attack by both major parties and something needs to change. A voice needs to come on to the scene that will send the elephant and donkey into the darkness of shame where they deserve to be.
Such a voice would be refreshing, though we may have differing ideas regarding what such a voice should say. But this lesser of two evils approach is really more like the evil of two lessers.
I think you would be surprised how similar our "voices" would be if we were allowed time to discuss. :)
Post a Comment